- The Husband makes coffee and pours a cup for wife when she comes into the kitchen – he gets 1 point.
- The Wife thanks him with a loving hug – she gets 1 point.
- The Wife cooks breakfast – 1 point.
- Husband gives her a loving hug while she is cooking, smells the air and says something like, “Smells great, sweetheart.” – 1 point
- Kids bring food to table – 1 point each.
- Kids clear dishes from table and clean it – 1 point each.
- Husband and wife clean & dry dishes together – Each gets 1 point.
- Both kids put dishes away – Each gets 1 point.
- So far, the “game” is even.
- Later in the day, the husband comes home from work with new car for wife – 1 point. (“WHAT?” You say.)
- BECAUSE – While the husband was working, the wife took care of home, shopping, kids, neighborhood stuff, cleaned house and laundry, perhaps some work on taxes, did some home-based business work, and every day prepared food for the family… ALL… for 1 point.
Everywhere we look, we see people who are on the edge of psychosis in their pursuit of more and more wealth – often a life-long push which is actually a detriment to themselves and their family.
As wealth is accumulated, and goods are purchased in a desire for happiness, as Hannel points out, “…the true value consists not in its utility but in its exchange.”
So… That garage and attic full of stuff – about 90% you’ll probably never use again, is not only a huge waste of money you spent on those things you NEEDED, but it now causes your very expensive vehicle(s) to sit outside in the weather.
When people shop, the actual exchange is such a feel-good, that it even overrides our logic that we’re digging a financial hole. Once that item is purchased, the good feeling quickly goes away, and we again re-focus on our pursuit of more wealth.
A close friend of mine is paying a LOT of his hard-earned money in credit card interest for things he now admits he really didn’t need, yet his bad habit of buying to feel good with exchange of money for more stuff, is stealing his financial freedom, and creating a fear within of having so much debt. The habit is so strong, that in spite of his recent receipt of enough money to pay off most of his debt, he is considering putting the money into “investments” which pay almost nothing rather than paying down his debt. This is because of his fear that if his credit cards were paid off (which he has done before), he would start charging things again.
I suggested this friend use the NARC method to attach a negative feeling to charging things on his card. We’ll see if he practices that method, because those of us aware of the teachings we’ve been getting in this course know he will inevitably change if he does.
Once that bad habit is changed to a good one, perhaps my friend can put something in his garage that makes sense.
more ability to exchange wealth for items which enrich us
instead of rusting in the garage.
Fascinating course we’re going through. It has inspired me to write some great blogs for my business, but I’m not quite ready to re-launch it, so am holding back the blogs to use later in articles.
As you can see by my previous blogs, I do enjoy writing blogs, but lining up the graphics and my nit-picky spacing issues can be very time-consuming.
Think I’ll skip a graphic in this one. Keep it simple, and get back to work.
[Funny. Right after I wrote that previous sentence, I instead actually wrote a complete blog, a beginning of my story of “What It Takes” to build your dreams. I wrote about the path, but didn’t get past the first 5 years, so am going to write that one in full later for our business.]
We should have been taught about the 7 Laws of the Mind, and Watchman at the Gate, 7-Day Mental Diet, etc. when we were growing up.
Anyway. I wish you the best in this course, and look forward to what is ahead.
Mark and Davene deserve a huge thanks for all they do.
This course is indeed life changing.
What YOUR life is all about.
- Definite Purpose backed by a Burning Desire
- Definite Plan expressed in Continuous Action
- Mind Closed tightly To All Negative Thought
- Master Mind Alliance